Monday, December 07, 2009

The most poignant moment in Olympic

Pyambu Tuul represented Mongolia in the marathon at Barcelona in 1992. He came in last.
When asked why he was so slow, he replied ‘”No, my time was not slow, after all you could call my run a Mongolian Olympic marathon record.”
Not satisfied, another reporter asked him whether it was the greatest day of his life. To which came the reply which can throw anybody off their seats. “And as for it being the greatest day of my life, no it isn’t”, he said,”"Up till six months ago I had no sight at all. I was a totally blind person. When I trained it was only with the aid of friends who ran with me. But a group of doctors came to my country last year to do humanitarian medical work. One doctor took a look at my eyes and asked me questions. I told him I had been unable to see since childhood. He said ‘But I can fix your sight with a simple operation’. So he did the operation on me and after 20 years I could see again. So today wasn’t the greatest day of my life. The best day was when I got my sight back and I saw my wife and two daughters for the first time. And they are beautiful.” Simple, ain’t it? It’s the races that we run within ourselves that are most important.


Taken from listverse.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was scanning for! You just spared me alot of searching around

Unknown said...

nike air max, timberland, michael kors, replica handbags, burberry outlet online, true religion jeans, hermes, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, kate spade handbags, nike air max, nike free run uk, sac guess, hollister pas cher, tn pas cher, lacoste pas cher, michael kors outlet, burberry, ray ban uk, hollister, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, north face, oakley pas cher, coach outlet, new balance pas cher, nike roshe, nike blazer, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, ugg boots, hogan, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, north face, air force, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, coach purses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, mulberry, true religion jeans, michael kors, michael kors, vanessa bruno

Unknown said...

p90x workout, herve leger, new balance, jimmy choo shoes, hollister, nike huarache, north face outlet, converse outlet, gucci, babyliss, insanity workout, bottega veneta, longchamp, iphone cases, mont blanc, ray ban, nike roshe, timberland boots, birkin bag, asics running shoes, vans shoes, hollister, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ghd, baseball bats, north face outlet, nike air max, instyler, converse, lululemon, nfl jerseys, hollister, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, lancel, ferragamo shoes, vans, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, soccer jerseys, nike air max, chi flat iron, nike trainers, oakley, louboutin, reebok shoes, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, beats by dre