Saturday, March 08, 2008

A whole new life

Last week was one of the most memorable time in my life for some reasons

Firstly, it was the most terrible school week that I've ever gone through. 3 tests in a row and I screwed up 2 out of them. The last paper which was Bio luckily saved the whole week though. A lot of ppl have asked me why I can digest bio much more easily than other subjects like chem or maths. Oh well, I don't know and I don't care because whatever the reason is, bio is still the only subject that does me proud by the end of the day. I was quite stressed though, resulting in delayed bloody (literally) period and some minor depressions that I only realized their existence when they were already over.

Secondly, A level results were out. Everybody seemed to be satisfied with their results in one way or the others. I, however, was left in anxiety and uncertainty of my future.

Thirdly, C really made my day/week/year/part of my life man! I could not believe I could have much fun going to the concert with a stranger like that. To be honest, we did not talk a lot and I tried to avoid stirring up personal matters, something I've learned from the past pls. But I really really enjoyed myself. Soil and Pimp Sessions at Mosaic Festival was amazing. Each member is already a wonder of music. When 6 of them come together, they are a group of unbeatable crazy death jazz and sexy old charming men.

If you are interested, here are the details

In the midst of a performance, Shacho, the agitator, posed for me to take pics. My camera refused to work though so I gave off a very confuse wtf look. Shacho, however, was really patient and kept his pose for another 5 minutes until a flash came out of my camera and Taddaaa! A very nice picture indeed


This year I decided not to take many pictures because the concert was super hyper-active and I found it very anti-climax to guard a camera and mosh at the same time. No personal take with members too because I decided to go back early to share a cab back with C. So I only manged to take a few pictures and the quality was not very good either, if not to say very bad. Only this one is decent enough to be crowned as gig pic of the year

But fortunately, the stage this year was low and near so I could keep eye contact with most members of the band most of the time. The one that I thought I totally captured him with my enthusiasm was Tabu, the trumpet. At one point, his face and mine were too close and I was so tempted to kiss him in the cheek. Who could resist sexy sweating man? Especially when he was really "pimp" with his trumpet. I don't know if it sounds anything wrong or not but seriously, I thought both of us impressed each other with our own craziness. After those magical moments when I was drown in my own world with Tabu, he finally high-fived me. I was too tired from moshing that I could not give him a proper high-five. Haha, so cute, both of us insisted in doing it again but failed again. So for the last high-five, I decided to give him a very firm hand squeeze. That was the most amazing second in my life! Tabu was so sexy


Akita wasn't less sexy. He winked at me twice. Once was when I helped him pick up the drumstick he used to hit his bass with. Although he dropped it on purpose but I guess by picking that stick and held it in a higher position, I had made it easier for him to pick up the stick because he would not have to bend all the way down. Another wink was sent to me when I gave a thumb up by the end of the performance. OMG, He has long nice hair......SO SEXY!!!!


The last contact was with brief hand touch with Motoharu. Not significant though because he did that hand touch with all the people in the first row. But at least I guess I caught his eyes once when banging my head really hard with his equally crazy trumpet solos...Motoharu has a real good physique that he could jump up and down the stage, climbing up the whole big pile of amps without putting much effort in it.

Did not really catch Midorin (drum) and Josei (keyboard). Midorin was seating farest away from me and Josei looked like he could not be bothered by anything but his keyboard. OMG, both of them were damn good. Those solos and improvisations were definitely a sweet fruit of their painful pracitce.

Phew, that was long and I've run out of mood to blog or be irritated by other things. FUCK YOU BY THE WAY. YOU FUCKING IGNORED ME. THINK YOU CAN GET TO SEE ME ANYTIME YOU WANT

Oh, I have a new haircut by this really caring hairstylist. Besides, I broke rules in hostel again without being given any demerit points thanks to a very reasonable and nice staff who took the trouble to explain to me where I did wrong

People make me think I'm really important this weekend

2 comments:

freshevryday said...

It seems that I'm a bit late in posting this comment, being that the weekend is over. I can see that you truly love music. I've heard of soil & pimp sessions before, but I was reluctant to listen to them. But after listening to them I could see how talented they really are. I too love music, but I think I tend to choose music that matches my feelings rather than pure talent. The convenient thing is, I was looking for some good jazz to listen to.

B.a.b.o.o said...

Oh, I choose music that suits my mood too. Like you, I can't appreciate some kinds of talent like Death Metal artists or Hip Hop Musicians.

SAPS music reflects a more aggressive side of me. And more over, Tabu was so sexy...So I'd go for them, of course.

About their music, it's best to be performed live. CDs are convenient but it reduces their DEATH JAZZ virtue to nearly nothing.