Thursday, October 26, 2006

Singapore Biennale 2006 (Finale)

I am partly sad and partly happy since my Singapore Biennale posts are coming to the end. No more long post next time means two things:
1) I will not have to spend hours on editing, uploading and linking which usually takes up more efforts and patience than what it seems (I nearly smashed my laptop against the wall yesterday for having error halfway during my blog’s publication and Wahl being! All painstaking details had gone down the drain)
2) My life will be back to boring mode again. I will have nothing much more than my 24-hour-of-chicken-consumption or this-is-a-very-reason-why-my-parents-are-willing-to-disown-me shopping spree to tell. No one will be interested in my blog anymore and the already very minimal population of this blog’s viewers will drop down to a sugoii number that “no matter how many times it is to be divided or multiplied, it remains the same” (Mathematics suckers, it’s time for your brains to start working but no need since I am gonna be as brain-dead as you soon=D)



Let’s get straight to the point man! Singapore Biennale 2006 at City Hall exhibition fully disseminates the idea of turning the whole Singapore into a huge museum. Therefore, it has the right to show no mercy to the former courtrooms of Singapore’s Supreme Court which two years ago, when I first set my very first step in Singapore, were still perform a useful function as defined in Oxford Dictionary “a room in which trials or other legal cases are held”. It is unfair for it to say that today the courtrooms have defied its Oxford-defined function since frankly, trials and cases are still carried out in the courtrooms ("Verity, Faith and Justice" - Jane Alexander). What is abnormal is that there are midget convicts lined up after the bars but there are no judges, no witnesses. Instead, soulless dog-like, goat-lie monkey-like and bird-like creatures are spotted rambling all over the courtroom, messing up with blood-soaked gloves.







Audiences are indeed invited to give final judgment on the trial that has already been judged by the artist. That is complicated and I could not care less what political correction has been mentioned in the artwork. Haiz…I am happy to be superficial. Less involvement, more time to spare! I just paid attention to how these creatures had freaked me out. They look cute but I am not so sure if they are harmless if they had ever breathed. >________<

Another courtroom is turned into a lab ("secret, interiors : chrysalis"-Donna Ong) whereby fetuses (actually cheap dolls!!) are nurtured in huge jars piped by dozens of smaller jars filled with “all things sweet and nice” such as marble, butterflies and more sweets.





I am not so sure if this is a demonstration of a room-size matrix or the lab where Power-puff girls were born. I actually searched high and low for the Chemical X but failed to find nothing other than drawing of more deformed fetuses under the table that seem to be failures of the test-tube upbringing above.Quite cool idea anyway.





Some works are just visually pleasant. I was too brain-dead to squeeze out what were the concepts behind those artworks anymore. They are just nice to look at. Sometimes, that seems to be good enough to be called arts. Just something that makes you happy and enjoy!

"Medirussian Antiquity. Terrible Court" - Viadimir Kuprianov





If time could be financed like money ("Time Notes"-Gustavo Romano)! Bullshit! That would make no difference to me. I wasted time and money equally.



Some error that arts teacher cannot explain



The arts of deposing and hiding corpses ("Undocumented Interventions"- Julio César Morales)! Kidding! Just arts of illegal immigrants











The creepy guy squeezing in the washing machine reminds me of Uzumaki. It is a hilarious way to die: sit in a washing machine and run it. Your corpse will end up as ugly as a huge spiral strawberry lollipop. They will have to find a round coffin to fit you in. Aiyo! So troublesome to be a spiral!

Bored. Imitation craze was raising. I dubbed "Faces with One Feature"-Nuha Asad



One disappointment: I had been waiting under the "The Singapore Miracle" Tree - IEPE for more than 30 minutes just to see how it is like to rain only within a tree’s shadow while the outside is still very dry. Sadly, the tree did not “rain”. Maybe the device was spoiled.



But I had a good laugh when sitting there and listening to two silly girls having their conversation.

Girl A: Where is the rain tree? (Obviously, among all the trees,in a dry weather, Miracle tree was the only one that looked wet!)
Girl B: Don't know. Oh...see..badges. Why are they lying around like this? (Running to the bowl and scooped up around 5-6 badges of the same kind--->GREEDY)
Girl A: How did he (the artist) do this? He planted the tree? (Besides badges, there are big pump and pipes lying around too but somehow, badges appear more visible)
Girl B: Don't know, let's bolt -_______________-

It's none of my business anyway.

Then after that around 10 mins, there got this gang of 6 year old future bikers on tricycle passing by.

One of them: Oh! Rain-tree. Everytime I came here, it rained leh!"
Me: (Talk to myself, of course) Shut up! Brat! You want to make me jealous, don't you?(Darth Vader theme in the background-Shoot him in my imagination)

The only thing I cared was why the tree had not rained at all...and then it rained it RAINED..but not the tree...It's the real rain falling from the sky!

I ended my day feeling dizzy, sick and exhausted. Went home straight and slept. Of course, still rmb to attach new badges onto my precious cloth. My collection looks quite plentiful :D



Bye Bye Biennale. See you next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nike free run uk, mulberry, ray ban pas cher, nike air max, timberland, burberry outlet online, converse pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, hermes, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, coach purses, nike air max, nike roshe, north face, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, hogan, michael kors outlet, burberry, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, north face, hollister pas cher, tn pas cher, replica handbags, lacoste pas cher, air force, michael kors, lululemon, ray ban uk, hollister, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, true religion jeans, nike air max, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, michael kors, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno

Unknown said...

north face outlet, p90x workout, soccer shoes, ray ban, beats by dre, birkin bag, north face outlet, nike trainers, valentino shoes, mont blanc, new balance, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, iphone cases, vans shoes, nike huarache, converse, babyliss, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, asics running shoes, vans, hollister, oakley, insanity workout, ghd, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, nike air max, gucci, timberland boots, reebok shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister, ferragamo shoes, louboutin, baseball bats, hollister, chi flat iron, nike roshe, nike air max, lululemon, herve leger, longchamp, wedding dresses, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, converse outlet